Dietitian / Community Nutrition
Nutrition is an important part of being healthy. What we eat helps us grow and develop properly, and to stay healthy and strong. Food also plays an important role in the prevention and treatment of diseases such as diabetes and heart disease.
Topics we can address with you:
- Healthy eating and lifestyle
- Weight management
- Diabetes prevention and management
- Traditional food – nutritional value and preparation
- Low fat and low cholesterol diets for heart disease
- Healthy cooking tips and recipes
- Label reading
- Food budgeting
- Nutrition during pregnancy and breastfeeding
- Nutrition throughout the life cycle
- Vitamin and mineral deficiencies
- Vegetarian cooking
- Gastrointestinal problems
Any of these topics can be addresses in one-on–one counselling or in group sessions.
What we can do for you:
- Help you decide what your nutritional needs are and help you reach your goals.
- Determine what the community needs and wants in terms of nutrition programs with the help of community members and community health care workers.
- Develop, deliver and evaluate nutrition programs that meet the needs of individuals and groups.
||(705) 368-2182 ext. 242|