Many people faced with stresses need professional help with their problems. Sometimes it is difficult to recognize when help is needed. Here is a list of reasons why people may require the assistance of a psychologist:
- Adjustment to illness/disability
- Eating disorders
- Parent-child conflicts
- Memory/cognitive problems
What is a psychologist?
A psychologist is a professional who is trained in assessment and treatment of mental health problems. He/she uses his/her therapeutic skills to help people make healthy changes in their coping styles and emotional and behavioural patterns.
A professional help you can trust
Like any other medical records, the information contained in your dossier with the psychologist is confidential. Sharing this information with another professional such as a physician requires your written consent. There are only three circumstances where the psychologist may be required by law to divulge the information to the authorities:
- In the case of physical, sexual or emotional abuse of a child under the age of 16 years;
- In the case of threats of serious harm to self or others;
- In the case of a court order.
||(705) 368-2182 ext. 203|