Registered Practical Nurse – Full-time Position
Noojmowin Teg Health Centre is seeking services of a Registered Practical Nurse as a fulltime position to function in a Family Practice nursing capacity. The successful candidate will provide a full scope of practice, work within an interdisciplinary and collaborative health care team environment comprised of health professionals from Noojmowin Teg Health Centre and Community Health Centres. You will be an integral member of the health care team ensuring high quality collaborative primary health care delivery. The Registered Practical Nurse will report to the Primary Care Manager.
NTHC is an inclusive employer. Accommodation is available in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. Given the traditional practices of the Anishinabek, from time to time, exposure to wood smoke and the burning of sacred medicines, including tobacco, sweet grass, sage and cedar, may occur within the work setting.
- Registered Practical Nurse;
- A minimum of three (3) years’ work experience in a primary health care setting, preferred;
- Proven ability to work and appropriately prioritize (including triage) in a busy health care environment;
- Strong ability to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues;
- Desire to advance knowledge and implement new skills including those supported by medical directives;
- Ability to work autonomously as well as interdependently;
- Current CPR Level C and First Aid;
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills within an electronic environment, mandatory;
- Demonstrated understanding and sensitivity of the Anishinabek culture;
- Ability to speak Ojibwe, an asset;
- Anishnaabemowin, as well as knowledge of Anishinabe culture, traditions, an asset;
- Ability to travel, reliable vehicle, a valid class G Driver’s License and clear driver’s record;
- Clear criminal record check and vulnerable sector required.
Please submit a covering letter, resume, three (3) work-related letters of reference, copy of registration, a current criminal records check, vulnerable sector, a copy of valid driver’s license and driver’s abstract. Please mark correspondence as “Confidential”. Submissions will be accepted by mail, facsimile, or email.
Application deadline is Friday, January 24, 2020
Attn: Human Resources
Noojmowin Teg Health Centre
Postal Bag 2002,
Hwy. 540, Little Current, ON P0P 1K0
T: (705) 368-2182 ext. 235
F: (705) 368-2229