Aging at Home Van Support Driver Casual/On-Call
Noojmowin Teg Health Centre seeks the services of an Aging at Home Van Support Driver. The Van Support Driver will work as part of an interdisciplinary team to improve transportation services for individuals 55 years and older for the Manitoulin Island District. This initiative is designed to support healthy aging and independent living for individuals 55 years of age and older. The successful candidate will work in collaboration with various external organizations, establishing linkages with community programs and services Island-wide to enhance access to transportation services for medical care and social programming.
1. Ability to travel
2. Ability to work flexible hours from Monday to Friday
3. Familiarity with local health and social services within the Manitoulin Island District
4. Must possess CPR/First Aid Certificate
5. Must possess a valid class G Driver’s License
6. Must provide a Drivers Abstract
7. Must provide proof of personal automobile insurance
8. Must provide a “letter of experience” from your insurer
9. Criminal Record’s Check is essential
10. Anishnaabemowin, as well as knowledge of Anishinabe culture and traditions, is an asset
Submit a covering letter, resume, three (3) work related letters of reference, a current criminal records check and vulnerable sector, a copy of valid driver’s license, driver’s abstract, letter of experience and proof of personal automobile insurance.. Please mark correspondence as “Confidential”. Submissions will be accepted by mail, facsimile, or email.
Noojmowin Teg Health Centre
Postal Bag 2002, Hwy. 540
48 Hillside Road.,
Aundeck Omni Kaning First Nation
Little Current, ON P0P 1K0
(705) 368-2182 ext. 235
Fax: (705) 368-2229
We thank all for their interest and applications, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Deadline: Friday, August 23, 2019 at 12:00pm