RESOLUTION HEALTH SUPPORT WORKER (Full-time Contract ending March 2024)
Noojmowin Teg Health Centre is seeking the services of a Resolution Health Support Worker (RHSW) ending March 31, 2021. The Resolution Health Support Worker will provide both cultural and health support guidance to former residential school students and their families in the Indian Residential School reconciliation process for their healing and wellness.
Noojmowin Teg Health Centre is comprised of a multi-team of health care professions providing community-based services through the use of a wholistic approach that integrates both traditional and western healing. The unique team includes: Traditional Health, Primary & Clinical Care, Health & Wellness, Mental Health & Addictions Services. Health Services are offered on-site and community based through the Manitoulin Island District Seven First Nation Health Centres. The Resolution Health Support Worker will report to the Anishinaabe Aadzawin Manager, and under the direction of the Executive Director.
Salary and benefits are competitive. The contract will be extended based on satisfactory performance and funding availability. Check out the website for more information on the organization and communities we serve at: www.noojmowin-teg.ca. Come be a part of a meaningful work experience!
Given the traditional practices of the Anishinabek, from time to time, exposure to wood smoke and the burning of sacred medicines, including tobacco, sweet grass, sage and cedar, may occur within the work setting. Duties:
- Cultural and emotional support through the delivery of traditional/cultural and relevant health programming;
- Assist with planning and coordination of an Indian Residential School conference and gathering;
- Provide liaison health support services for counselling (professional, grief, healing and wellness), to both individual and group as required;
- Establish a supportive rapport with former Indian Residential School students and their families through a network environment of collaborative services with both their home communities and Noojmowin Teg program and services;
- Maintain file management and data collection and e-charting
- Minimum 3-year college diploma in Indigenous studies, social work, community health worker or demonstrated and related work experience within an Indigenous organization or community working with adults and their families in a healing and nurturing cultural support position;
- Previous experience working in First Nations communities;
- Ability to speak, translate and/or demonstrated willingness to learn the Anishnaabemowin language;
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to utilize available resources in a team oriented shared health care environment;
- Good interpersonal, listening and communication skills with the ability to engage people to build trust and rapport;
- Ability to problem solve and take initiative;
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work with deadlines;
- Must maintain confidentiality;
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office, including data base applications;
- Willing to work flexible hours as required; Current CPR Level C and First Aid;
- Ability to travel including clear driver’s abstract and a reliable vehicle;
- Clear vulnerable sector criminal record check is required.
- Cover letter and resume, three (3) current work relevant references with contact information
Applications: Can be received marked ‘Confidential’, by email at email@example.com, by facsimile at (705) 368-3922, or by mail:
Attn: Human Resources
Noojmowin Teg Health Centre
Hwy. 540, 48 Hillside Road
Aundeck Omni Kaning First Nation
Postal Bag 2002 Little Current, ON P0P 1K0
To learn more about this employment opportunity, call (705) 368-0083 ext. 235
We thank all for their interest and application. Only those under consideration will be contacted.