Medical Administrative Assistant (Full-time)
Job Summary: Noojmowin Teg Health Centre is seeking a reliable and accountable individual(s) to provide administrative support and receptionist duties on a full-time basis.
About: Noojmowin Teg Health Centre is comprised of a multi-team of health care professions providing community-based services through the use of a wholistic approach that integrates both traditional and western healing methods. The team includes: Traditional Healing and Cultural Services, Primary Care, Mental Health & Addictions Services and Health & Wellness Programs. Services are offered on-site and community based (through the Manitoulin Island District First Nations Health Centres).
- Responsible for sending out, following up, completing, and expediting all referral documents
- Maintain appropriate clinical information to specialists about referrals
- Establish and standardize a central referral system
- Provide support services in areas of administration, typing, photocopying, and processing orders
- Greeting clients, scheduling and confirming appointments, update client demographics in database
- Responsible for the provision of recording and distribution of incoming/outgoing mail, parcel delivery
- Perform all receptionist duties relating to incoming calls, faxes, visitors and clientele
- Must ensure the distribution of messages on a daily basis, including the monitoring of the voicemail system
- Maintain client and personnel confidentiality
- Maintain and monitor the photocopier/fax machine services and supplies and ensure all equipment is in working order
- Secondary School Diploma
- Minimum of two years’ work-related experience
- Previous experience as a central intake clerk would be an asset
- Works well independently and has strong time management skills
- Knowledge of Occupational Health & Safety
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Current CPR, First Aid Certification (or willingness to obtain)
- Valid Class G Driver’s License and access to a vehicle
- Clear Criminal Reference check
- Proof of COVID19 vaccination status required
Submission: A cover letter, resume, and three (3) work-related letters of reference and current CPIC.
Applications: Can be received marked ‘Confidential’, by email at email@example.com, by facsimile at (705) 368-3922, or by mail:
Attn: Human Resources
Noojmowin Teg Health Centre
Postal Bag 2002, Hwy. 540
Aundeck Omni Kaning First Nation
Little Current, ON P0P 1K0
To learn more about this employment opportunity, call (705) 368-0083 ext. 235.
Chi-miigwetch/Thank you for their interest in Noojmowin Teg Health Centre;
only those selected for an interview will be contacted.