Mental Health & Addictions Counsellor - Fulltime Position
Job Summary: Noojmowin Teg Health Centre is seeking a Mental Health & Addictions (MH&A) Counsellor for the outreach position in Espanola. With direction, the Mental Health & Addictions Counsellor will be central in ensuring high quality culturally appropriate, client-centred and wholistic care is provided.
About: Noojmowin Teg Health Centre is comprised of a multi-team of health care professions providing community-based services through the use of a wholistic approach that integrates both traditional and western healing methods. Our unique team includes: Primary Care and Allied Health Services, Mental Health & Addictions Services, Health Promotion and Traditional Healing and Cultural Services. Services are offered on-site and community based (through the Manitoulin Island District First Nations Health Centres).
- Professional counselling and cultural and emotional support for those dealing with mental health and addictions
- Engage in culturally appropriate health promotion and prevention strategies and activities
- Work in collaboration with referring agency to develop and implement treatment plans
- Conduct intake, assessment, treatment planning and discharge planning with clients
- Access clinical consultations from external professionals to enhance clinical service delivery
- Make referrals to external service providers and programs including treatment centres for substance abuse
- Post-secondary counselling degree or diploma
- Registration with the Ontario College of Social Work and Social Service Workers
- Knowledge of Anishinabek traditional teachings
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Experience with data collection and e-charting
- Full Covid Vaccination status
- Current CPR, First Aid Certification (or willingness to obtain)
- Valid Class G Driver’s License and own reliable vehicle
- Clear Vulnerable Sector Check
Submission: A cover letter, resume, and three (3) work-related letters of reference and current CPIC.
Applications: Can be received marked ‘Confidential’, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by facsimile at (705) 368-3922, or by mail:
Attn: Human Resources
Noojmowin Teg Health Centre
Postal Bag 2002, Hwy. 540
Aundeck Omni Kaning First Nation
Little Current, ON P0P 1K0
To learn more about this employment opportunity, call (705) 368-2182 ext. 235.
Chi-miigwetch/Thank you for your interest in Noojmowin Teg Health Centre; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.