Mobile Mental Health & Addictions Nurse Practitioner (Full-time)
Job Summary: Noojmowin Teg Health Centre is seeking services of a Mental Health & Addictions Nurse Practitioner for a fulltime position. The Mental Health and Addictions Nurse Practitioner (MHANP) confidently assesses and develops a treatment plan for individuals with mental health and/or addictions issues for clients across the lifespan. The MHANP is experienced in case-based approach to address mental health and addictions issues and applies critical thinking and clinical reasoning skills to support clients in their wellness pathways.
About: Noojmowin Teg Health Centre is comprised of a multi-team of health care professions providing community-based services through the use of a wholistic approach that integrates both traditional and western healing practices. Our unique team includes: Traditional Health and Cultural Services, Primary Care, Health and Wellness and Mental Health & Addictions Services.
Given the traditional practices of the Anishinabek, from time to time, exposure to wood smoke and the burning of sacred medicines, including tobacco, sweetgrass, sage, and cedar, may occur within the work setting.
NTHC is an inclusive employer. Accommodation is available in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005.
- Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario and in good standing
- A minimum of three (3) years’ work experience as a Nurse Practitioner, preferred
- Certificate in Mental Health & Addictions for Nurse Practitioner, preferred
- Demonstrate confidence to practice independently and collaboratively
- Conduct the appropriate advanced health assessment • Identify appropriate differential diagnoses for the presenting problem
- Understand relevant pathophysiology
- Triage patients who may require a specialized and/or higher level of care
- Identify appropriate diagnostic approach and tests
- Select appropriate interventions and treatments and evaluation plan
- Describe indications for necessary consultations and referral
- Identify strategies for communication and effective management at transitions in care and for safe discharge
- Ability to travel, reliable vehicle, a valid class G Driver’s License and clear driver’s record
- Clear vulnerable sector check required
- Proof of vaccination status required
Submission Pre-Requisites: Please submit a cover letter, resume, copy of registration and three (3) work-related letters of reference.
Applications: Can be received marked ‘Confidential’, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by facsimile at (705) 368-3922, or by mail to
Attn: Human Resources:
Noojmowin Teg Health Centre
48 Hillside Road, Aundeck Omni Kaning F.N.
Postal Bag 2002, Hwy. 540
Little Current, ON P0P 1K0
To learn more about this employment opportunity, call (705) 368-0083 ext. 235.
Miigwetch/Thank you for your interest in Noojmowin Teg Health Centre; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.