Mobile Mental Health and Addictions Navigator (Full-time)
Job Summary: Noojmowin Teg Health Centre is seeking services of a Mobile Mental Health and Addictions Navigator that contributes to the effective delivery of mental health and addictions services for clients of all ages. The Navigator is the main point of contact for the mobile clinic and will facilitate triage and screening of all individuals seeking service and determine the types of services needed. This role may include Client Intake, Assessment, Treatment Planning Support, Individual Counselling and Case Management/System Navigation. Crisis Intervention for clients and family members may also be required.
About: Noojmowin Teg Health Centre is comprised of a multi-team of health care professions providing community-based services through the use of a wholistic approach that integrates both traditional and western healing practices. Our unique team includes: Traditional Health and Cultural Services, Primary Care, Health and Wellness and Mental Health & Addictions Services.
- Bachelor of Social Work or BA in a social work/health related discipline
- Knowledge of current Best Practices in the treatment of substance use
- Additional trainings and/or certificates that focus on opiate use and the risks associated with use, is considered an asset
- Additional trainings around crisis intervention, prevention and de-escalation considered an asset
- Demonstrated skills in system navigation, treatment planning and case management
- Strong ability to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues
- Ability to work autonomously as well as interdependently
- Current CPR Level C and First Aid
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills within an electronic environment, mandatory
- Demonstrated understanding and sensitivity of the Anishinabek culture
- Ability to speak Ojibwe, an asset
- Anishnaabemowin, as well as knowledge of Anishinaabe culture and traditions
- Ability to travel, reliable vehicle, a valid class G Driver’s License and clear driver’s record
- Clear vulnerable sector check required
Submission Pre-Requisites: Please submit a cover letter, resume, copy of registration, list three (3) work-related references and a current vulnerable sector check.
Applications: Can be received marked ‘Confidential’, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by facsimile at (705) 368-3922, or by mail to
Attn: Human Resources:
Noojmowin Teg Health Centre
48 Hillside Road, Aundeck Omni Kaning F.N.
Postal Bag 2002, Hwy. 540
Little Current, ON P0P 1K0
To learn more about this employment opportunity, call (705) 368-0083 ext. 248.
Miigwetch/Thank you for your interest in Noojmowin Teg Health Centre; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.