Transitional Care Coordinator - Full-time Contract (11 months)
Job Summary: Noojmowin Teg Health Centre in partnership with Kina Gbezhgomi Child & Family Services is seeking services of a Transitional Care Coordinator. This position will be familiar with other services and resources in the community and is proficient at system navigation in case consultation, case conferencing and advocacy with community partners. Due to the specialized nature of this position the Transitional Care Coordinator will have an in-depth understanding of the treatment pathways and risks associated with the use of Opioids, which include: overdose risks, naloxone, addiction medicine (Suboxone, MMT etc.), harm reduction practices, health complications and experience collaborating within the health system.
About: Noojmowin Teg Health Centre is comprised of a multi-team of health care professions providing community-based services through the use of a wholistic approach that integrates both traditional and western healing practices. Our unique team includes: Traditional Health and Cultural Services, Primary Care, Health and Wellness and Mental Health & Addictions Services.
- BSW or BA in a social work/health related discipline or Diploma in a health-related discipline
- Knowledge of traditional health practices
- Additional trainings around crisis intervention, prevention and de-escalation is considered an asset
- Demonstrated skills in system navigation and collaborative planning
- Strong ability to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues
- Ability to work autonomously as well as interdependently
- Current CPR Level C and First Aid
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills within an electronic environment, mandatory
- Demonstrated understanding and sensitivity of the Anishinabek culture
- Ability to speak Ojibwe, an asset
- Anishnaabemowin, as well as knowledge of Anishinaabe culture and traditions
- Ability to travel, reliable vehicle, a valid class G Driver’s License and clear driver’s record
- Clear vulnerable sector check required
- Proof of COVID19 vaccination status required
Submission Pre-Requisites: Please submit a cover letter, resume, copy of registration and list three (3) work-related references.
Applications: Can be received marked ‘Confidential’, by email at email@example.com, by facsimile at (705) 368-3922, or by mail to
Attn: Human Resources:
Noojmowin Teg Health Centre
48 Hillside Road, Aundeck Omni Kaning F.N.
Postal Bag 2002, Hwy. 540
Little Current, ON P0P 1K0
To learn more about this employment opportunity, call (705) 368-0083 ext. 235.
Miigwetch/Thank you for your interest in Noojmowin Teg Health Centre;
only those selected for an interview will be contacted.