Foot Care Nurse (Full-time)
Job Summary: Noojmowin Teg Health Centre is seeking services of a Foot Care Nurse for a fulltime position to function in a community-based foot care nurse capacity, assessing and treating diabetic clients. The successful candidate will provide a full scope of practice, work within an interdisciplinary and collaborative health team environment of health professionals. The Foot Care Nurse will report to the Primary Care Manager.
- Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario with certification in basic and advanced foot care, and in good standing
- A minimum of two (2) years’ work experience in foot care, preferred
- Proven ability to work and appropriately prioritize (including triage) in a busy health care environment
- Strong ability to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues
- Desire to advance knowledge and implement new skills including those supported by medical directives
- Ability to work autonomously as well as interdependently
- Current CPR Level C and First Aid
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills within an electronic environment, mandatory
- Demonstrated understanding and sensitivity of the Anishinabek culture
- Ability to speak Ojibwe, an asset
- Anishnaabemowin, as well as knowledge of Anishinaabe culture and traditions
- Ability to travel, reliable vehicle, a valid class G Driver’s License and clear driver’s record
- Clear vulnerable sector check required
Submission Pre-Requisites: Please submit a cover letter, resume, copy of registration and list three (3) work-related references.
Applications: Can be received marked ‘Confidential’, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by facsimile at
(705) 368-3922, or by mail to
Attn: Human Resources:
Noojmowin Teg Health Centre
48 Hillside Road, Aundeck Omni Kaning F.N.
Postal Bag 2002, Hwy. 540
Little Current, ON P0P 1K0
To learn more about this employment opportunity, call (705) 368-2182 ext. 235.
Miigwetch/Thank you for your interest in Noojmowin Teg Health Centre;
only those selected for an interview will be contacted.