Primary Health Care Nurse Practitioner (Full-time 1 year Contract)
Job Summary: Noojmowin Teg Health Centre is seeking services of a Primary Health Care Nurse Practitioner (PHC-NP) for a one (1) year Contract. The position will provide primary health care to full scope, with a strong emphasis on health promotion and disease prevention. The Nurse Practitioner will work as an integral and collaborative member of an interdisciplinary team and will report to the Primary Care Manager.
- Primary Health Care Nurse Practitioner, Masters preferred
- Member in good standing and without restrictions, College of Nurses of Ontario
- Member in good standing of Nurse Practitioners Association of Ontario
- Experience working as a Nurse Practitioner in a primary health care or community setting an asset
- Experience working within an EMR and an electronic office working environment
- Work experience with Anishinabek organizations or communities an asset
- Ability to travel to multiple sites on Manitoulin Island and the surrounding area is mandatory
- Strong ability to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues
- Desire to advance knowledge and implement new skills including those supported by medical directives
- Ability to work autonomously as well as interdependently
- Current CPR Level C and First Aid
- Ability to speak Ojibwe, an asset
- Anishinaabemowin, as well as knowledge of Anishinaabe culture and traditions
- Ability to travel, reliable vehicle, a valid class G Driver’s License and clear driver’s record
- Clear vulnerable sector check required
- Proof of Covid19 Vaccination required
Submission Pre-Requisites: Please submit a cover letter, resume, copy of registration and list three (3) work-related references.
Applications: Can be received marked ‘Confidential’, by email at email@example.com, by facsimile at
(705) 368-3922, or by mail to
Attn: Human Resources:
Noojmowin Teg Health Centre
48 Hillside Road, Aundeck Omni Kaning F.N.
Postal Bag 2002, Hwy. 540
Little Current, ON P0P 1K0
To learn more about this employment opportunity, call (705) 368-0083 ext. 235.
Miigwetch/Thank you for your interest in Noojmowin Teg Health Centre;
only those selected for an interview will be contacted.