Human Resources Assistant Full-time (Contract)
Job Summary: Noojmowin Teg Health Centre seeks a Human Resources Assistant (HRA) to provide and handle administrative and HR duties of the organization. The Human Resources Assistant helps with recruitment, record maintenance, orientation, training, time and attendance management and development and implementation of policies and procedures. The HR Assistant prepares documents, compiles and enters data, ensures follow-up, coordinates functions, tracks departmental tasks, as well as supports and implements special projects. The HRA reports to the Director of Operations.
- Knowledge of relevant employment legislation and regulations in Ontario, best practices within the HR field, including recruitment, orientation, compensation, training, investigation processes and employee relations
- Time management and organizational skills, including the ability to plan and prioritize workload, coordinate assignments, and respond to the demands of a dynamic environment • Strong computer skills and use of relevant software programs
- High keyboarding and computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office programs • Works well under pressure and meets deadlines
- A strong sense of ethics, integrity, confidentiality and privacy
- Current CPR Level C and First Aid
- Current Criminal Record Check
- Demonstrated understanding and sensitivity to the Anishinabek culture, a priority • Ability to speak Anishinabemowin, an asset
- Proof of Covid-19 Vaccination status required
- A post-secondary education in Office Administration, Business or Human Resources
- 2+ years administrative support experience, preferably in human and physical resources, an asset
- Full understanding of Human Resource functions
- Experience in HR administration and people management skills
Submission: Cover letter, resume, and list three (3) work-related references with contact information.
Applications: Can be received marked ‘Confidential’, by email at email@example.com, by facsimile at (705) 368-3922, or by mail:
Attn: Human Resources
Noojmowin Teg Health Centre
Postal Bag 2002, Hwy. 540
Aundeck Omni Kaning First Nation
Little Current, ON P0P 1K0
To learn more about this employment opportunity, call (705) 368-0083 ext. 235.
Chi-Miigwetch/Thank you for their interest in Noojmowin Teg Health Centre; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.