Family Coach Coordinator (Full-time)
FULL TIME POSITION (1FTE)
Job Summary: Noojmowin Teg Health Centre is seeking services of a Family Coach Coordinator. The individual is responsible for developing and coordinating prevention programs alongside early family intervention and parenting programs. This position focuses on prevention, support and capacity building for individuals, families and communities affected by FASD and substance misuse. The coordinator’s role will support caregivers and educators, while supporting cultural growth, bonding and attachment within the family unit, classroom and community.
- Relevant post-secondary degree or diploma, or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Education specialization in FASD an asset
- Ability to coordinate referrals to appropriate services; including FASD assessments
- Experience in program coordination, workshop development and delivery of presentations
- Provide support for women and families in preparing for healthy pregnancies
- Strong ability to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues
- Current CPR Level C and First Aid
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Must have strong computer skills; experience with electronic medical records is an asset
- Demonstrated understanding and knowledge of the Anishinaabek culture
- Ability to speak Ojibwe, an asset
- Extensive travel is required; access to a reliable vehicle, and valid class G Driver’s License
- Clear vulnerable sector check required
- Proof of Covid-19 vaccination status required
Submission Pre-Requisites: Please submit a cover letter, resume, list three (3) work-related references and proof of Covid -19 vaccination (2 and 1 booster).
Applications: Can be received marked ‘Confidential’, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by facsimile at (705) 368-3922, or by mail to :
Attn: Human Resources:
Noojmowin Teg Health Centre
48 Hillside Road, Aundeck Omni Kaning F.N.
Postal Bag 2002, Hwy. 540
Little Current, ON P0P 1K0
To learn more about this employment opportunity, call (705) 368-0083 ext. 235.
Miigwetch/Thank you for your interest in Noojmowin Teg Health Centre; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.