Aging at Home Van Coordinator (Part-time - 22.5hrs/week)
Job Summary: Noojmowin Teg Health Centre seeks an energetic and enthusiastic candidate for the position of Aging at Home Van Coordinator. The Aging at Home Van provides transportation to individuals 55 and older across Manitoulin Island who require transportation to attend medical appointments, daily living or social activities. The coordinator will be responsible for scheduling client services for the van as well as van maintenance and servicing.
About: Noojmowin Teg Health Centre is comprised of a multi-disciplinary team of health care professionals that provide community-based services with a wholistic approach that integrates both traditional and western healing practices. Our unique team includes Traditional Health and Cultural Services; Primary Care; Health and Wellness; and Mental Health & Addictions Services.
Given the traditional practices of the Anishinabek, from time to time, exposure to wood smoke and the burning of sacred medicines, including tobacco, sweet grass, sage, and cedar, may occur within the work setting.
Noojmowin Teg Health Centre is an inclusive employer. Accommodation is available in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005.
- Office administration or receptionist experience is an asset
- Strong ability to plan, organize, and schedule several drivers
- Strong verbal communication skills, the position requires communication with clients to ensure they understand the guidelines of the program, van pick up/drop off schedule, and customer service excellence or support with concerns
- Contact with drivers for scheduling purposes
- Skilled in using Microsoft Outlook calendar for scheduling
- Skilled in interpersonal relations
- Strong skills in logistics and problem solving
- Excellent written communication skills
- Knowledge of and ability to use Excel for tracking statistics
- Demonstrated understanding and sensitivity of the Anishinabek culture
- Ability to speak Anishnaabemowin is an asset
- Ability to travel, reliable vehicle, a valid class G Driver’s License
- Clear driver’s abstract
- Clear vulnerable sector check
Submission: Please submit a cover letter, resume, list three (3) work-related references, driver’s abstract and a current vulnerable sector check.
Applications: Can be received marked ‘Confidential’, by email at email@example.com, by facsimile at (705) 368-3922, or by mail to
Attn: Human Resources:
Noojmowin Teg Health Centre
48 Hillside Road, Aundeck Omni Kaning F.N.
Postal Bag 2002, Hwy. 540
Little Current, ON P0P 1K0
To learn more about this employment opportunity, call (705) 368-0083 ext. 248.
Miigwech/Thank you for your interest in Noojmowin Teg Health Centre;
only those selected for an interview will be contacted.