Traditional Intake/Care Coordinator (Full-time - 6 month Contract)
Job Summary: Noojmowin Teg Health Centre seeks an energetic and enthusiastic candidate for the position of Traditional Intake/Care Coordinator. The Coordinator is the main point of contact for traditional care and screening of all individuals seeking service and determine the services required. The Traditional Intake/Care Coordinator will work within the catchment area of Manitoulin Island and Espanola.
About: Noojmowin Teg Health Centre is comprised of a multi-team of health care professions providing community-based services using a wholistic approach that integrates both traditional and western healing practices. Our unique team includes: Traditional Health and Cultural Services, Primary Care, Health and Wellness and Mental Health & Addictions Services.
- College diploma in office administration, social services or equivalent work-related experience
- Strong ability to plan, organize and schedule
- Ability to work in data electronic reporting environment, preferred
- Current CPR Level C and First Aid Certification
- Skilled in interpersonal relations
- Excellent written, verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated understanding and sensitivity of the Anishinabek culture
- Ability to speak Anishinaabemowin is an asset
- Valid class G Driver’s License, clear driver’s record, ability to travel, and reliable vehicle
- Clear vulnerable sector check required
Submission Pre-Requisites: Please submit a cover letter, resume, list three (3) work-related references, driver’s abstract and a current vulnerable sector.
Applications: Can be received marked ‘Confidential’, by email at email@example.com, by facsimile at
(705) 368-3922, or by mail to
Attn: Human Resources:
Noojmowin Teg Health Centre
48 Hillside Road, Aundeck Omni Kaning F.N.
Postal Bag 2002, Hwy. 540
Little Current, ON P0P 1K0
To learn more about this employment opportunity, call (705) 368-0083 ext. 248.
Miigwetch/Thank you for your interest in Noojmowin Teg Health Centre; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.