July 21, 2020
Protect yourself from COVID-19.
All residents who are planning to travel should be aware that COVID-19 is still circulating at different levels around the province. The safest options are to stay in the area of your home community or to stay in the region. If you think you have travelled somewhere (within or outside of Ontario) where you may have been exposed to COVID-19, or should you develop symptoms, please immediately self-isolate and contact the COVID-19 Assessment Centre at Manitoulin Health Centre (705) 368-2300 for Little Current, or (705) 377-5311 for Mindemoya.
When you go out, make sure to follow public health guidance—wash your hands, cover your cough or sneeze with your arm or a tissue, avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth, follow all the steps of physical distancing, wear your face covering, and stay home when ill.
If you are having difficulty breathing or are experiencing other severe symptoms, call 911.
If you have a COVID-19 symptom, get tested. People who are asymptomatic, who are concerned that they have been exposed to COVID-19 or those who are at risk of exposure to COVID-19 through their employment are also encouraged to contact an assessment centre and get tested.
Click on the following subject to learn more information:
1. The 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Ontario Government Lates Updates
2. Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) - Canadian Government latest updates
3. Debunking misinformation about COVID-19 - CBC News
4. How to 'Social Distance' at grocery stores - CBC News
5. Ontario COVID-19 Updates - Ontario.ca
6. Should I disinfect my fruits and vegetables - Public Health Agency of Canada
7. Indigenous Services Canada - Updates
8. Talk to you children about COVID-19 - Public Health Agency of Canada
9. HydroOne Relief Fund - March 18, 2020
10. Working from Home Tips - PCMag.com
11. How to apply for EI and COVID-19 emergency benefits - CBC News
12. Coronavirus: How to protect your mental health - March 16, 2020
13. What do I do if I feel sick? - Public Health Agency of Canada
13. Tips for managing anxiety during the COVID-19 pandemic - The Globe and Mail, March 16, 2020
14. Canada’s COVID-19 Economic Response Plan: Support for Canadians and Businesses - March 18, 2020
15. Having friends over for coffee is not social distancing: Toronto's top doctor - March 18, 2020
17. Status of cases in the Sudbury & Manitoulin districts - Current: Updated Daily at 10:00am
18. CERB - https://www.canada.ca/en/services/benefits/ei/cerb-application.html April 6, 2020
Get medical advice: Telehealth Ontario
Get fast, free medical advice through Telehealth Ontario at:
Toll-free TTY: 1-866-797-0007
Visit the website for updates: https://www.ontario.ca/page/get-medical-advice-telehealth-ontario