Cultural Support Services
Cultural Support Services available on Manitoulin and in Espanola
Cultural Support Services are provided to individuals, families and groups, and are rooted in the Seven Grandfather teachings of Bravery, Honesty, Humility, Love, Respect, Truth and Wisdom and provided with the overall holistic health and healing of the Anishinabek in mind. The Cultural Support services also provides opportunities for cross-cultural learning for people of all nations to enhance their cultural awareness and education.
The Cultural Support services include:
- Traditional teachings
- Ceremonies and protocol teachings
- healing/talkign circles
- Supportive counselling/consultation
- Intake/Assessment referrals to Traditional Healers and networking to other heatlh care providers.
Indian Residential School (IRS) Resolution Health Support Services
The purpose of the Indian Residential School (IRS) Resolution Health Support services is to ensure that eligible former IRS students and their families have access to emotional health and wellness support services; and can safely address emotional health and wellness issues related to the disclosure of childhood abuse(s). Referrals are accepted from both health care providers and by self-referrals.
Services provided by Indian Residential School (IRS) Resolution Health Support Worker:
- Community Circles and Traditional Family Healing Circles – available upon request
- One-on-One counselling services with IRS Survivors
- Emotional Support for IRS hearings – available upon request
- Intake, assessments, referrals and follow up as required.
For information on Noojmowin Teg Health Centre’s Traditional Health Services, please call (705) 368-0083
For information on Cultural Support Services offered at the Noojmowin Teg Health Centre Espanola Satellite office, please contact the Cultural Support Worker at (705) 869-1564 ext. 4262.