Noojmowin Teg Health Centre is seeking the services of a part-time Office Administration Support to assist in reception, with daily administration duties, and will work closely with the Medical Administration Assistant, as well as the program support staff.
Noojmowin Teg Health Centre is comprised of a multi-team of health care professions providing community-based services through the use of a wholistic approach that integrates both traditional and western healing methods. The team includes: Health & Wellness, Mental Health & Addictions, Primary Care and Traditional Healing and Cultural Services. Services are offered on-site and community based (through the Manitoulin Island District First Nations Health Centre’s). The Office Administration Support will report to the Director of Operations.
Given the traditional practices of the Anishinabek, from time to time, exposure to wood smoke and the burning of sacred medicines, including tobacco, sweetgrass, sage, and cedar, may occur within the work setting.
NTHC is an inclusive employer. Accommodation is available in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005.
- Assist in the day-to-day administration tasks at reception
- Aid and support by processing orders, maintaining communication, scheduling meetings, assist with reception duties
- Organize incoming and outgoing mail, maintain organization information systems
- Keep minutes at necessary meetings as requested
- Assist with the administration team and program supports
- Sit on the necessary committees in relation to the position
- Post-secondary education in office administration, and/or equivalent work experience
- Experience working in an indigenous healthcare environment preferred
- Confident working within Microsoft software and within other necessary computer programs
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to speak and/or demonstrate a willingness to learn the Anishinaabemowin language
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to utilize available resources in a team-oriented shared health care environment
- Good interpersonal, listening, and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Ability to problem solve and take initiative
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work with deadlines
- Current CPR Level C and First Aid
- Ability to travel including clear driver’s abstract and a reliable vehicle
- Cover letter, Letter of application, and resume
- Three current work-related references with contact information
Deadline: Friday, September 24, 2021
Noojmowin Teg Health Centre
Hwy. 540, 48 Hillside Drive
Postal Bag 2002, Little Current, ON P0P 1K0
Ph.: 705-368-2182 ext. 235
We thank all for their interest and application. Only those under consideration will be contacted.