Job Summary: If you are an experienced Registered Nurse (RN) who would like to be part of the first Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence (SADV) Treatment Program of its kind in Ontario, please consider this unique and challenging position. Noojmowin Teg Health Centre is seeking registered nurses with experience working with First Nation and Indigenous populations. The Nurses will have experience working in the area of Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence. To successfully meet the program goals, the successful candidates must have extensive related experience, and a strong collaborative and problem solving background.
Initially, the on call nurses will be provided training in forensic and other SADV specific training and scheduled job shadowing clinic shifts. After training, the intention is to ensure that the on-call nurses will be ready for the SADV clinic implementation which is in process.
NTHC is an inclusive employer. Accommodation is available in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005.
Given the traditional practices of the Anishinabek, from time to time, exposure to wood smoke and the burning of sacred medicines, including tobacco, sweet grass, sage or cedar, may occur within the work setting
- Five (5) years previous nursing experience
- Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario and in good standing
- Knowledgeable of Anishinaabe culture and traditions and ability to speak Anishnabemowin an asset
- Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (Adult) designation or willingness to become certified
- Knowledgeable of sexual assault and domestic violence
- Demonstrated experience in trauma-informed care and crisis intervention
- Strong team building, decision making and leadership skills
- Behaviors consistent with Noojmowin Teg Health Centre’s Mission, Vision, Values
- Strong critical thinking skills and ability to work independently and interdependently within a framework of collaborative, client centred, and culturally safe care
- Strong patient advocacy
- Working knowledge of computers
How to Apply Please submit a covering letter, resume, three (3) work-related references. Evidence of Personal Liability Protection. Please mark correspondence as “Confidential” Submissions will be accepted by mail, facsimile or email.
Application Deadline: Thursday, August 20, 2020